If you worked for the City of San José and withdrew your contributions at the time of separation and then returned to work for the City, you can buy back/redeposit your contributions plus interest and re-establish the previous years of service credit by establishing a Contract with the City.

You have an option to pay it back in a lump sum or by paying a specified amount each pay period for a maximum of 208 pay periods (8 years).

Other Service Purchases:

  • QDRO Redeposit
  • Reciprocity Redeposit
  • Transfer between Police & Fire and Federated

Call our main number at (800) 732-6477 and Staff will let you know if you qualify and what additional steps should be taken.